Prof. Dr. Livia Ludhova
|Prof. Dr. Livia Ludhova
PhD in Experimental Physics (2005)
Département de Physique, Université de Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland;
Thesis title: “The Muonic Hydrogen Lamb Shift Experiment: Lifetime and Population of the μp(2S) State”
M.A. in Physics (2001)
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia;
Thesis title: “Production and study of exotic atoms at DAΦNE”
PhD in Geology (1998)
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia;
Thesis title: “Reconstruction of Variscan P-T-t (pressure-temperature-time) path of metapelites in the crystalline complex of Western and High Tatra Mts., Western Carpathians, Slovakia”
M.A. in Geology (1996)
Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia;
Thesis title: “Metmorphic evolution of sillimanite-zone metapelites in the crystalline complex of Tatra Mts., Western Carpathians, Slovakia”
since November 2015
W2 Professor in Experimental Physics at RWTH Aachen and head of the neutrino group at IKP-2, Forschungzentrum Jülich, Germany.
Funding through the recruitment initiative of the HGF.
October 2005– October 2015
Postdoc and researcher at Istituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (INFN), Milano, Italy
September 2001 – September 2005
Doctorante Fonds National “B” e assistante diplome’, Dèpartement de Physique, Universitè de Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland.
October 1996 – August 1999
Ph.D. scholarship – Faculty of Natural Sciences, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia.
TeachingCourses in RWTH Aachen
Current Responsibilities and Organisational Positions
- Physics (co-)coordinator of the Borexino experiment
- (Co-)coordinator of Borexino solar analysis (nusol) working group
- Member of the Steering Committee of the Borexino experiment
- Member of the Institutional Board of the Borexino experiment
- Member of the Institutional Board of the JUNO experiment
- Co-chair of the Speakers Committee of the JUNO experiment
- L2-manager for the JUNO-OSIRIS calibrations
- Data-quality manager in Borexino
- Member of the International Advisory Committee of Neutrino Geoscience conference series
- Member of the International Advisory Committee of Physics In Collision (PIC) conferences
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee of the 7th Symposium on Symmetries in Subatomic Physics (SSP2018), RWTH Aachen University, Germany, June 11-15th, 2018.
- Convener of the “Neutrino Physics” parallel session at EPS Conference on High Energy Physics 2017, 5 -12 July 2017, Venice, Italy
- Hadron Physics Summer School 2018, Scientific and Organizing Committee.
- Using Particle Physics to Understand and Image the Earth 2018 Scientific and Organizing Committee.
- Using Particle Physics to Understand and Image the Earth 2016 Scientific and Organizing Committee. Recruiting team geoneutrino.
- A. Abusleme et al. (JUNO Collaboration), Optimization of the JUNO liquid scintillator composition using a Daya Bay antineutrino detector, prepring submitted to Nucl. Instr. Meth. A, July 2020
- A. Abusleme et al. (JUNO Collaboration), Calibration Strategy of the JUNO Experiment, submitted on ArXiv, November 2020
- L. Ludhova et al., Particle Identification at MeV Energies in JUNO, submitted on ArXiv, July 2020
- A. Abusleme et al. (JUNO Collaboration), Feasibility and physics potential of detecting 8B solar neutrinos at JUNO, Chinese Physics C Vol. 45, No. 1 (2021)
- A. Abusleme et al. (JUNO Collaboration), TAO Conceptual Design Report: A Precision Measurement of the Reactor Antineutrino Spectrum with Sub-percent Energy Resolution, submitted to arXiv, May 2020
- P. Kampmann et al., A semi-analytical energy response model for low-energy events in JUNO, (JINST) Vol. 15, (2020) P10007
- C. Genster, M. Schever, L.Ludhova et al. Muon reconstruction with a geometrical model in JUNO, (JINST) Vol. 13, (2018) T03003
- F. An et al.: Neutrino physics with JUNO, J. Phys. G: Nucl. Part. Phys. 43 (2016) 030401 (188pp).
- S. Kumaran and L. Ludhova, "A New Journey to the Center of the Earth", Nucl. Phys. News 04, p17-21, 2020
- New! M. Agostini et al. (Borexino Collaboration), "Experimental evidence of neutrinos produced in the CNO fusion cycle in the Sun", Nature 587, p 577–582(2020)
- M. Agostini et al. (Borexino Collaboration), Sensitivity to neutrinos from the solar CNO cycle in Borexino, Eur. Phys. Jour. C 1091 (2020)
- M. Agostini et al. (Borexino Collaboration), Improved measurement of 8B solar neutrinos with 1.5 kt*y of Borexino exposure, Physical Review D 101 (2020), p. 062002
- M. Agostini et al., "Comprehensive geoneutrino analysis with Borexino", Physical Review D 101 (2020), p. 012009
- M. Agostini et al., Simultaneous precision spectroscopy of pp, 7Be, and pep solar neutrinos with Borexino Phase-II, Phys. Rev. D 100 (2019) p.082004
- M. Agostini et al., "Comprehensive measurement of pp-chain solar neutrinos", Nature 562 (2018) 496
- M. Agostini et al., "The Monte Carlo simulation of the Borexino detector", arXiv:1704.02291 (2017). Astroparticle Physics 97 (2018) 136 -159
- M. Agostini et al., "Limiting neutrino magnetic moments with Borexino Phase-II solar neutrino data", arXiv:1707.09355 (2017). Physical Review D - Rapid Communications 96 (2017) 091103
- M. Agostini et al., "A search for low-energy neutrinos correlated with gravitational wave events GW150914, GW151226 and GW170104 with the Borexino detector", arXiv:1706.1010176 (2017). The Astrophysical Journal 850 (2017) 21
- M. Agostini et al., "Improved measurement of 8B solar neutrinos with 1.5 kt y of Borexino exposure", arXiv:1709.00756 (2017).
- M. Agostini et al., "First Simultaneous Precision Spectroscopy of pp, 7Be, and pep Solar Neutrinos with Borexino Phase-II", arXiv:1707.09279. (2017)
- M. Agostini et al., Seasonal Modulation of the 7Be Solar Neutrino Rate in Borexino,arXiv:1701.07970, Astropart. Phys. 92 (2017) 21-29.
- M. Agostini et al., Borexino's search for low-energy neutrino and antineutrino signals correlated with gamma-ray bursts, Astrop. Phys. 86 (2017) 11-17.
- M. Agostini et al., A test of electric charge conservation with Borexino. Phys. Rev. Lett. 115 (2015) 231802.
- M. Agostini et al., Spectroscopy of geoneutrinos from 2056 days of Borexino data. Phys. Rev. D 92 (2015) 031101.
- G. Bellini et al., Final results of Borexino Phase-I on low energy solar neutrino spectroscopy, Phys. Rev. D 89 (2014) 112007.
- G. Bellini et al., Neutrinos from the primary proton–proton fusion process in the Sun, Nature 512 (2014) 383.
- G. Bellini et al., Measurement of geo-neutrinos from 1353 days of Borexino, Phys. Lett. B 722 (2013) 295-300.
- G. Bellini et al., First evidence of pep solar neutrinos by direct detection in Borexino, Phys. Rev. Lett, 108 (2012) 051302.
- G. Bellini et al., Absence of a day-night asymmetry in the 7Be solar neutrino rate in Borexino, Phys. Lett. B 707 (2012) 22-26.
- G. Bellini at al., Study of solar and other unknown anti-neutrino fluxes with Borexino at LNGS., Phys. Lett. B 696 (2011) 191-196.
- G. Bellini et al., Precision measurement of the 0.862 MeV 7Be solar neutrino interaction rate in Borexino, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107 (2011) 14130.
- G. Bellini et al., Observation of Geo-Neutrinos. Phys. Lett. B 687 (2010) 299-304.
- G. Bellini et al. (Borexino collaboration): Measurement of the solar 8B neutrino rate with a liquid scintillator target and 3 MeV energy threshold in the Borexino detector. Phys. Rev. D 82 (2010) 033006.
- C. Arpesella et al. (Borexino collaboration): First real time detection of 7Be solar neutrinos by Borexino, Phys. Lett. B 658 (2008) 101-108.
- C. Arpesella et al. (Borexino collaboration): Direct measurement of the 7Be solar neutrino flux with 192 days of Borexino data, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101 (2008) 091302.
- G. Bellini et al. (Borexino collaboration): SOX: Short distance neutrino Oscillations with BoreXino, JHEP 1308 (2013) 038.
- R. Pohl et al. (The CREMA Collaboration), Laser spectroscopy of muonic deuterium, Science 353 (2016) 6300.
- R. Pohl et al.: The size of the proton. Nature 466 (2010) 213.
- L. Ludhova et al.: Muonic hydrogen cascade time and lifetime of the shortlived 2S state, Phys. Rev. A 75 (2007) 040501(R).
- G. Beer et al.: Measurement of the Kaonic Hydrogen X–Ray Spectrum, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94 (2005) 212302.
- M. Wurm et al.: The next-generation liquid-scintillator neutrino observatory (LENA), Astrop. Phys. 35 (2012) 685-732
- S. Böser et al. Status of light sterile neutrino searches, Progress in Particle and Nuclear Physics, In Press
- L. Ludhova: Experimental data on solar neutrinos, Eur. Phys. J. A 52 (2016) 82.
- G. Bellini, L. Ludhova, G. Ranucci, and F.L. Villante: Neutrino Oscillations, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Advances in High Energy Physics, Volume 2014 (2014) Article ID 191960, 28 pages.
- L. Ludhova and S. Zavatarelli: Studying the Earth with Geo-neutrinos, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Advances in High Energy Physics, Volume 2013 (2013) Article ID 425693, 16 pages.
- G. Bellini, A. Ianni, L. Ludhova, F. Mantovani, and W.F. McDonough: Geo-neutrinos, Progr. Part. Nucl. Phys. 73 (2013) 1–34.
- V. Hurai et al.: Nitrogen-bearing fluids, brines and carbonate liquids in Variscan migmatites of the Tatra Mountains, Western Carpathians - heritage of high-pressure metamorphism, European Journal of Mineralogy 12 (2000) 1283–1300
- L. Ludhova and M. Janak: Phase relations and P-T path of cordierite-bearing migmatites, Western Tatra Mountains, Western Carpathians, Geol. Carp. 50 (1999) 283-293.
- L. Ludhova and M. Janak: Decompression and exhumation of Variscan orogenic root in the Tatra Mountains, Western Carpathians: Evidence from high-grade metapelites, Geol. Carp. 50 (1999) 120-122.
- M. Janak et al.: Dehydration melting and devolatilzation during exhumation of high-grade metapelites: the Tatra Mountains, Western Carpathians, Journal of Metamorphic Geology 17,4 (1999) 379–396.
- M. Janak et al.: Partial melting and retrogression during exhumation of high-grade metapelites, the Tatra Mountains, Western Carpathians, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth - Part A. Solid Earth and Geodesy 17 (1999) 379–395.
- July 2020: Neutrino-Physikerin mit einem Faible für Berge, interview with Weltmaschine.de
- February 2020: Neutrinos geben Auskunf über den energiefluss aus dem Erdinneren, interview with Frankfurter Allgemeiner Zeitung about the latest Borexino geoneutrino measurement
- October 24th, 2019: "Night pyramid", interview with RTVS Radio Slovakia
- January 2019: "Sonnenteleskop", interview in "Effzett", journal of FzJ
- August 2017: Interviews of the 18th Lomonosov Conference participants Interview starting at 1:38:29
- October 2016: Interviewed by Leah Crane for the Symmetry magazine, A joint Fermilab/SLAC publication: Recruiting team geoneutrino.
- June 5th, 2014: protagonist of the TV program Nautilus Scienza (RAI Educational) about the dark matter in the Italian TV RAI.