Mariam Rifai M.Sc.
|Mariam Rifai M.Sc.
- M.Sc. in Subatomic and Astroparticle Physics
Master Thesis: Testing the NMO with the JUNO detector via atmospheric and reactor neutrinos.
- B.Sc. in Physics
Bachelor Thesis: Study the performance of RFID tags in close proximity to the human body.
- Reconstruction of atmospheric neutrino events with JUNO: energy and directionality in a liquid scintillator (LS) detector
- Directionality:Topological reconstruction of photon emission
- Development of a particle identification technique for atmospheric neutrino events
- Oscillation Analysis
- Researching JUNO's sensitivity to atmospheric neutrinos
- Improve the resolution of MeV events by handling the dark noise and optimizing the selection of the time window
- A. Abusleme et al.,Sub-percent Precision Measurement of Neutrino Oscillation Parameters with JUNO, arXiv:2204.13249 (2022).
Posters and talks
- Physics in Collision 2022, PIC conference -Sept 5th-9th ,2022 -Tbilisi, Georgia
Poster: Physics Prospects of the JUNO Experiment, Poster.
- IKP seminar: "Future prospects for Neutrino Mass Ordering measurement with atmospheric neutrinos in JUNO" -June 13, 2022 -Juelich,Germany
- The XXX International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics(Neutrino 2022) - May 30-June 4, 2022 -Seoul, South Korea
Poster: Atmospheric neutrino physics in JUNO: reconstruction of GeV interactions, Reconstruction of GeV interaction.
Selected as the best poster in its category.
- DPG-Spring meeting - March 21-25,2022 (Online) - heidelberg,Germany
Parallel talk: Event reconstruction for the neutrino mass ordering measurement of JUNO.
- DPG-Spring meeting - March 15-19,2021 (Online) - Dortmund,Germany
Parallel talk: Reconstruction of atmospheric neutrino events with JUNO, M.Rifai et al., atmospheric neutrinos reconstutcion.
- INFN School of Statistics 2022 - May 15–20,2022 -Paestum, Italy
- The 1st INFN International School on Underground Physics (SoUP 2021), Virtual: 28 June - 2 July, 2021
Poster: Reconstruction of atmospheric neutrinos in JUNO